Monday, April 8, 2013

What isn't Sci-fi-lite.

So, what books are the opposite of sci-fi-lite? I would guess, Asimov, Abrams (Star Trek, right?), Orson Scott Card, and I'll think of some others. But, that doesn't mean those aren't great authors because obviously they're all well known. And I've read many of their books, well except for Star Trek, I watched that. All of the episodes; more than once. I read Enders Game by Orson Scott Card recently and it was excellent. I read lots by Asimov, probably most of them years ago. Oh, and the Dune series, I read those. So, that's what I call science fiction, with all the nuts and bolts of sci-fi. I am either not smart enough or technologically savvy enough to write hard sci-fi, or I'd just rather read it and leave the really brainiac stuff to someone else.

I like to write stories about people, how they interact, communicate, love and hate. I also love to include strange animals and places. Speaking of which, I'm going off on a tangent here but I'm going to try and link a powerpoint someone sent me. It is about all kinds of birds and believe me, we writers of sci-fi-, lite or otherwise- don't have to come up with original creatures often because right here on earth or some of the weirdest. I'll try to add it to the blog or my website. www.sci-fi-lite.com


So, my point tonight is, sci-fi or sci-fi-lite, they're both good reading. So enjoy.




No comments:

Post a Comment